A friend told me recently about a program being offered by Microsoft called Microsoft Action Pack Subscriptions (MAPS). While I’m no fan of Microsoft, I thought this program was worth passing along.
As I understand it, the program allows registered members of the Microsoft Partner Program (the basic membership is free) to participate in the MAPS program for an annual subscription price of $299.
With that subscription you get a majority of the major Microsoft titles for internal business use, including:
- 10 licenses of Windows Vista
- 10 Office Enterprise 2007
- 10 Outlook 2007
- 10 Project Professional 2007
- 10 Visio Professional 2007
- One licence of Small Business Server 2008
- One SQL Server 2008
- One Exchange Server 2007
This is just a sample, the complete list of software titles is here.
One copy of Office Professional 2007 is $379 on Amazon so obviously a MAP subscription could save your company an exceptionally large amount of money. The caveat on the program is it’s intended, “For businesses whose primary function is to sell, service, support, or build solutions on the Microsoft platform, or to provide solutions based on Microsoft products and technologies to independent third-party customers.”
- Additional information and program registration can be found here.
- More information on program eligibility can be found at the “Download Program Details” link at the bottom of https://partner.microsoft.com
- If you have questions about if your company qualifies you can also contact MS directly.
If you’ve used this program or have any insight on the details please let me know.