Some installs of Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista have a bug which prevents the display of Adobe Flash Movie Files. If you experience this problem our recommended solution is below:
- In IE7 delete all browsing history, after pressing “Delete all…” Check the box “Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons.”
- In Windows Vista close IE7 and all other open applications.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features
- Select and Uninstall any programs referring to Adobe Flash Player ActiveX or Adobe Flash Player Plugin. There may be as many as three files listed.
- Open IE7 and navigate to Adobe’s Flash Player Download Center and follow the prompts to install Adobe Flash Player.
- Additional resources on this topic can be found in this Tech Note from Adobe.
An alternate method which we have not tested is demonstrated in this video.