As you may be aware from the myriad of past SEO posts we’ve made, the holy grail for getting more customers from Web searches is getting more backlinks (or linkbacks if you prefer). Specifically, multiple high quality link backs from other Websites in the same or related industry to yours. These are the “votes” Google uses to decide how high up on the search results page your site should be listed for a given keyword search. Google itself provides two incredibly powerful tools that have the potential to exponentially improve your return on blog writing time.
The strategy is simple:
- Research current hot topics and searches on Google using Google Trends and Google Wonder Wheel.
- Find a keyword that fits within the realm of a hot topic, applies to your area of knowledge, and appeals to your target customers.
- Post a quality blog focused on the hot topic keywords for your target customers.
Here are the tools:
- Google Trends Find out what search terms and topics are currently high traffic. Self explanatory and intuitive to use: http://www.google.com/trends
- Google Wonder Wheel Expand keyword options and refine a topic to find a keyword topic that fits you and your client base best. To utilize Google Wonder Wheel simply perform a Google search, then expand the “Search Tools” in the left hand column of the result page and click Wonder Wheel.
If you use these tools I would love to hear about your experience.