Marketing, design, and technical resources for making your digital and print communications more effective.
September 11th, 2008
We’re pleased to announce an upgraded version of our Content Management System (CMS). The CMS is the core application software that works in conjuction with a server database to provide all the great Web 2.0 information management and broadcasting capabilities that we’re always talking about.
Our Web 2.0 CMS provides the vital tools that help our clients achieve their business goals by increasing the reach and impact of their messaging and decreasing the cost of Website administration.
Our new CMS makes it even easier for non-technical site owners to:
- Securely login to their site and add, edit or remove page content
- Make blog/news posts that are automatically distributed by email and broadcast via RSS.
- Automatically link the major search and blog indexes to their blog/news posts to dramatically increase message reach and awareness.
Here’s a small sampling of our CMS’s key features and benefits:
- New streamlined modern Web 2.0 administrative panel design theme that makes the updating and editing process easy to understand and navigate.
- A new word-processor page editing interface that provides any user intuitive controls for posting and formatting of text, photos and files.
- The ability to easily create multiple pages and RSS streams by simply assigning a category to your post.
- Optimized and formatted RSS feeds. Your RSS feed content is displayed using the same format and styling that you specify on your site page.
- Easy integrated system to upload images or file from your PC or Mac to post on your Website.
- Fast performance for both site visitors and administrators.
- The ability to use a new custom graphic design or to modify an existing design for use on the CMS site.
- One button system backup and restore.
- The ability to assign unlimited editors to your site with customized permissions . . . you can assign a user the ability to edit the content on only one page or to have complete administrative control over the site.
- Full html formatting of content posts for advanced users.
But don’t take our word for it, try it out for yourself. Just contact us for access to our sample site.
You might also be interested to see our screen shot tutorials.
Tags: Web 2.0
Posted in Web Development | Comments Off on Upgraded Content Management System
May 15th, 2008
We receive a very high percentage of customer inquires regarding two general type of solicitations they receive. Since these same scams continue, sometimes with different company names and angles, we thought it would behoove our valued clients for us to post some info on them.
The most important principle to remember to protect yourself from any marketing scam is to always be extremely wary of any unsolicited communication, whether by phone, email or postal mail, that claims to:
A. Be able to do something that seems too good to be true, or
B. Presents a “bill” or “invoice” regarding your domain, Website or some other Web related service from a company that sounds official, but of whom you’ve not dealt with before.
Scam 1—Bogus Domain Registration Invoices
Almost anyone with a domain name registered has probably come across this one. An official sounding company sends you an invoice that states or implies you will soon lose your domain if you don’t register with them. If you have never heard of this company, there is a 99% chance it’s an unethical attempt to get your money. The easiest thing to do is Google the company name or do search on the FTC site. If are still uncertain don’t hesitate to fax or email us a copy.
Scam 2—Unsolicited SEO Spam
I get a kick out the chutzpah of professed SEO companies who resort to spam marketing their implied expertise in driving new customers through search engines. If they really are so good at getting business through search engines why do they have to resort to the most despised of illegal Web marketing to get their own? The answer is obvious.
Google states it best:
Be wary of SEO firms and web consultants or agencies that send you email out of the blue….Reserve the same skepticism for unsolicited email about search engines as you do for “burn fat at night” diet pills or requests to help transfer funds from deposed dictators. No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google. (Read the whole page at Google.com)
We encourage you to read this prior post of ours where we go into more detail on the topic.
Tags: Search-Engine-Optimization, Tech-Notes
Posted in SEO, Web Security | Comments Off on Be Aware of These Web Scams
April 24th, 2008
Graphic design is the first thing that many Web site owners and managers think about when they seek out the services of a Web developer. There is no denying that the graphic design element of a Web site is important, in fact research shows that design has an immense and immediate effect on your visitors. Within moments, about 1/2 of those visitors will make a judgment on the credibility of your company based solely on the quality of your graphic design. So design is immensely important, just like a foundation is important for a building. The foundation must be solid and it must come first but without the building on top it acheives little.
Without design being part of a holistic strategic approach to communication, it becomes impotent. A site with no design will trump the most artistically original site if the former has quality content and offers intuitive and easy to use solutions to its target visitors needs. The classic example is the most visited and arguably most successful Web site in the world: Google.
Web sites are a lot like people, their success is ultimately based on the value they contain, not their outward appearance. This is vital to understand so that design is put into its proper place. Web design is still important, it just has to be the dressing for content of real value.
Google is like one of those geniuses who are so recognizable and brilliant that they can get away with wearing an old t-shirt and jeans to deliver a key-note speech. It’s fair to say the brilliance of most of us is not as common knowledge.
Web design is the same, once the foundation of quality content is present, professional and usable design is an excellent catalyst to facilitate communicating the value of your site. In my next post I’ll get into some specifics about our philosophy and methods for designing Web sites that are modern, appealing and clearly communicate the values of your organization.
Tags: Usability, Web-Design, Web-Development-Strategy
Posted in Usability, Web Design, Web Development | Comments Off on Web Design
February 1st, 2008
This article has moved to a new page.
Tags: Search-Engine-Optimization, Web 2.0, Web-Development-Strategy
Posted in SEO | Comments Off on Understanding Search Engine Optimization